On the 7th of March, Senior Analyst Michael Taylor of IRENA participated in two panels at the World Bank’s Workshop Middle East & North Africa Concentrated Solar Power Knowledge & Innovation Program (MENA CSP KIP), a new programme designed to support officials exploring the potential of Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) as a sustainable source for the region’s rising demand for energy. IN Ouarzazate, Morocco Mr.Taylor presented IRENA’s analysis of the cost reduction potential concentrating solar power to 2025. Click here toview the presentations.
Presentations from IRENA's latest costs workshop, 'Letting in the light: Unlocking the Potential of Solar Energy' from WFES (World Future Energy Summit 2017' are available. Click here to view the presentations.
And more presentations from IRENA costs:
- Battery Storage - Accelerating the Energy Transition - IRENA Council - 23 May 2017. A presentation on how batttery storage can accelarate the transition towards low-carbon energy systems.
- Perspectives for the Energy Transition - End-use Sectors & Heat Pumps - 12th IEA Heat Pump Conference 2017. A presentation on the decarbonization of end-use sector and the importance of heat pumps in this process.
- Renewables & Energy Efficiency: Delivering after COP21 - 15th International Energy Forum (IEF15). A presentation on the challenges and opportunities of meeting global climate targets after COP21, delivered by Michal Taylor on behalf of IRENA's Director General, Mr. Adnan Z. Amin.
- Solar and Wind Cost Reduction Pontentials - CEM. A presentation on solar and wind cost reduction potentials delivered by Ms. Elizabeth Press, IRENA Director for Planning and Programme Support, at the Clean Energy Ministerial Preparatory Meeting, March 15th, 2016.
- The Solar Boom: Here or Coming? A presentation on PV markets, drivers of future growth, deployment opportunities in Africa and current challenges of the sector as presented by Michael Taylor at IRENA's 9th meeting of the Council.
- Renewables: The True Costs. Renewable Power Generation Costs in 2014. A presentation of findings from the most recent cost report: "Renewable Power Generation Costs in 2014" as presented by Michael Taylor at IRENA's 5th Assembly.
- The True Costs of Solar PV: IRENA's Cost Analysis. Presentation on recent cost trends, solar resource deployment and upcoming IRENA work on accelerating cost reductions in Africa and Solar PV Parity Indicator by Michael Taylor at the EU PVSEC Conference in Amsterdam.
- The True Costs of Renewables: Towards 100% Renewable Energy. For more information on the webinar and REN Alliance partners please visit International Solar Energy Society by clicking here.
- IRENA PV Parity Indicators: Tracking Our Future - Presentation at IRENA's 7 Council, 3 June 2014
- Renewables: The True Costs - Presentation at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 24 2014.
- IRENA's Power Generation Cost Analysis and Geothermal - Geothermal: Competing with other renewable and non-renewable technologies webinar, 19 November 2013
- Renewable Power Generation Costs 2012: An Overview
- IRENA’s Power Generation Costing Analysis: PV in Focus
- IRENA’s Costing Analysis: Social Acceptance Issue
- IRENA's Power Generation Cost Analysis and Support for Renewables
Increasing economies of scale, more competitive supply chains and further technological improvements will continue reducing the costs of solar and wind power. The same factors will also boost the availability of these key renewable power sources at night and in varying weather conditions.
- June 2016